The Anaesthetic Gas Scavenging system is an active system which removes anaesthetic gas mixtures from operating rooms and any other areas fitted with nitrous oxide terminal units. The removal at source thus eliminates the possible long term health hazards to exposed medical staff. By virtue of its design, the active disposal system can produce high levels of capture simply by connecting thea terminal unit to the anaesthetic breathing circuit via a receiver unit, thereby removing the majority of “pollution” at source.
- Accessible easy installation
- All Setting are Factory set and tested for assured reliability
- Digital control panel indicates pipeline pressure
- Adjustable from the outside and can be placed on either side of unit
- Easy-to-read digital display indicates pipeline pressure
- Designed with minimal pressure drop for better plant performance
- Easy to maintain and prevents large dust particles from entering the pump
Where planned preventive maintenance of a blower could interrupt the smooth running of the operating department, a duplex system is strongly recommended. In the event of a blower malfunction, the stand-by unit is automatically brought online, ensuring the AGS system continues to provide protection for medical staff, and that operations do not have to be delayed or cancelled.Simplex systems are allowed. However, HTM 02-01 states that wherever a single AGS pump is provided for a single operating suite, a spare pump for up to six units should be provided for immediate connection into the system in the event of failure.
Improvements in anaesthesia workstation designs have led to reduced flows of gas being used, and hence less potential gas ‘spillage’ during induction and maintenance of anaesthesia. AGS system design standards have evolved to take account of this, but anaesthesia workstations in use today range anywhere from days old to decades of service. This means that lower flow systems are not practical on all applications.
HTM 02-01 provides guidance on the selection of an appropriate standard for system flows based in a number of practical scenarios. The Schönn AGS systems meet the requirements of HTM 2022, HTM 02-01 standards and ISO 7396-2.
Schönn Ags terminal units incorporate an adjustable orifice, which enables the flow rate to be adjusted in line with any standard including BS 6834 and EN ISO 7396-2 .
Side channel vacuum pumps
- 100% oil-less operation
- Integrated inlet filter
- Integrated vacuum or pressure relief valve
- The compact regenerative blowers offer high performance in a quiet, contact-free environment.
- They require minimal maintenance and can be converted to two-stage operation.