Medical Copper Tubes
SCHÖNN degreased copper tube is manufactured under EN 13485 Medical Devices: Quality Management Systems. It is suitable for jointing degreased medical gas copper fittings and other medical gas equipment compliant to EN 13348 (seamless copper tubes for medical gases and vacuum), EN 1057, ISO 7396, HTM 2022 and HTM 02-01.
SCHÖNN copper tube is designed for use in Medical Gas Pipeline System installations and incorporates the specialist requirement of the Medical Gas Pipeline System industry to include cleanliness, packaging and usability required to attain the levels of quality as stated particularly in HTM 02-01.
The piped distribution system shall use copper pipes manufactured from phosphorous de-oxidised non-arsenical copper to EN 1412:1996 grade CW024A (Cu-DHP), manufactured to metric outside diameters and having mechanical properties in accordance with EN 13348:2008 – R250 (half hard) for sizes 12-28mm, R250 or R290 for sizes 35-54mm and R290 for larger sizes of 76mm and above.
Pipes shall be degreased suitable for oxygen use and cleanliness is to be maintained by filling each pipe with dry, clean, oil and oxygen free nitrogen, fitting suitable end caps and protectively wrapping. All pipework materials shall be manufactured by EN ISO 9001:2008 registered companies.
PIPELINE IDENTIFICATION LABEL
- Pipeline should be identified in accordance with BS 1710, and colour banding for the pipelines should be used.
- Colour band identification should be applied every 3 m. and bearing 6mm size letters should identify eacs gas.
- Self-adhesive plastic labels of approved manufacture may be used for this purpose.
- A band 150mm wide is usually adequat All colour -coded tapes applied by the pipe manufacturers should be removed before the systems are identified, in accordance with this paragraph.
- Care should be taken to maintain pipeline identification when periodical re-painting is undertaken.
- The direction of flow should be indicated.
- All Our Labels are fully comply with BS 1710, ISO 7396, HTM 2022 and HTM 02-01.
Medical Copper Tubes Dimension
- ø 12 mm
- ø 15 mm
- ø 22 mm
- ø 28 mm
- ø 35 mm
- ø 42 mm
- ø 54 mm
- ø 76 mm
- ø 108 mm